What is a travel time map?
Our map tool allows you to create a 'How far can I go map' by transport mode and time limit. The tool outputs shapes, also known as a travel time isochrones visualise where's reachable. Sometimes these shapes are incorrectly labelled as a 'travel time radius map'. A radius is always just a circular shape, but a travel time shape is completely unique as it analyses all locations reachable using a specific mode of transport.
Use cases for consumers
- Create a commute time map so you can see where to live based on commute time.
- How far can i travel in a given time: compare transport coverage for different areas.
- Create a drive time radius map: explore how far you can travel on a road trip.
Use cases for businesses
- Travel time mapping up to 4 hours & cross reference other data sets in GIS such as population data
- Site selection analysis: analyse the best location to locate a business by adding thousands of analysis points
- Create a distance matrix or travel time matrix & calculate travel times from thousands of origins to thousands of destinations
- Network analysis / travelling salesman problem: use spatial analytics to solve routing problems
- Commute time map - plot thousands of employee commute times for an office relocation
This web page is a limited
demo that can do the following:
- Create up to 3 time polygons (Demo limited to 15, 30 & 45 minutes, 1 hour, 1 hour 30 minutes but full service is larger than this)
- Calculate travel times from an origin to various points of interest - in this demo we use points from Foursquare
Give A to B routing details
We provide full analysis by all transport modes and all travel time areas in our full service. You can access this by: