About this tool
This demo was built to showcase the TravelTime API. To use the full capabilities of the API you will need coding skills, or experience with one of our integrations: QGIS, Alteryx or ArcGIS. Access to the API gives you larger travel time catchment areas, more transport mode options and large request volumes. Access the developer playground here.
What is a travel time map?
Our map tool allows you to create a 'How far can I go map' by transport mode and time limit. For example someone can ask how far can I drive from my home in 30 minutes. The tool outputs shapes, also known as a travel time isochrones visualise where's reachable. Sometimes these shapes are incorrectly labelled as a 'travel time radius map'. A radius is always just a circular shape, but a travel time shape is completely unique as it analyses all locations reachable using a specific mode of transport.
How to create a drive time radius map or other modes
- Select a start location
- Select a maximum travel time limit
- Select a mode of transport, for example driving
- Voila! There's your driving radius map
Use cases for consumers
- Create a commute time map so you can see where to live based on commute time.
- How far can i travel in a given time: compare transport coverage for different areas.
- Create a drive time radius map: explore how far you can travel on a road trip.
Use cases for businesses
- Travel time mapping up to 4 hours & cross reference other data sets in GIS such as population data
- Site selection analysis: analyse the best location to locate a business by adding thousands of analysis points
- Create a distance matrix or travel time matrix & calculate travel times from thousands of origins to thousands of destinations
- Network analysis / travelling salesman problem: use spatial analytics to solve routing problems
- Commute time map - plot thousands of employee commute times for an office relocation
This web page is a limited demo that can do the following:
- Create up to 3 time polygons (Demo limited to 15, 30 & 45 minutes, 1 hour, 1 hour 30 minutes but full service is larger than this)
- Calculate travel times from an origin to various points of interest - in this demo we use points from Foursquare
Give A to B routing details
We provide full analysis by all transport modes and all travel time areas in our full service. You can access this by: